Counseling & Community Resources
Our mission is to provide services within the college environment and community that contribute to the academic success, personal growth and positive social experience for students. Click here to submit a Counseling Request Referral form.
- For crisis and emergencies during office hours, call 281-756-3700 (Alvin Community College Campus Police, H132).
- For life-threatening mental health emergencies, go to the closest emergency room or call 9-1-1.
- For non-life-threatening crisis assistance at ACC during business hours, go to the Admissions Office, A100 and ask for an Advisor or Counselor.
Assessment and Care Team (ACT) Referral
- Are you concerned about a currently enrolled ACC student or community resident on campus? Consider reporting to ACC’s Assessment and Care Team (ACT). The Assessment and Care Team consists of a multi-disciplinary group of ACC employees including counselors, faculty, police, and student services staff. The ACT is committed to providing ACC staff, employees and students with supportive resources through a practical, collaborative, and thoughtful approach to the prevention, identification, assessment, intervention and holistic management of situations that may be disruptive in a student’s academic progress or to the well-being of campus employees.
- For an urgent emergency call 281-756-3700 (Alvin Community College Campus Police, H132).
Staff and Faculty Resources for Students
- Assessment and Care Team (A.C.T.)
- Campus Police
- Career Services
- Counseling Referral Form
- Emergency Information
- Office of Disability Services
- Title IX
- Veteran Services
The ACC Assessment and Care Team provide toiletry products for ACC students who may need occasional assistance. Below you will find a list of additional ACC resources as well as outside resources.
- Assistance for Students
- Drug & Alcohol Prevention Program (Drug-Free Schools & Communities Act)
- Lactation Room
- Locker Rooms/Shower Facilities
- Diseases & Conditions
- Drug & Alcohol Abuse
- Drug Fact Sheets
- E-Cigarettes: Know the Risks
- Healthy Living
- HIV 101 for College Students
- Injury, Violence & Safety
- Tips for College Health & Safety