Office of Academic Advising
Hello and Welcome to Academic Advising,
The information below will assist you in navigating your next steps. Review and let us know if you have any additional questions. We look forward to assisting you.
All new students who have never attended college must meet with an Academic Advisor
to discuss a degree plan, test results, course selection, and any other questions
about college after completing all admissions steps. New Alvin Community College students who have attended college elsewhere are encouraged
to meet with an Academic Advisor but are not required to and may send general questions
Virtual Advising through Microsoft Bookings
ACC Student Services offers Virtual Appointments for Pathway Advising. Click the icon
below to request a virtual appointment.
- General advising questions and registration assistance is also available by emailing
email@example.com. Students will receive a response within 24hrs or less during business hours.
Students may also visit the campus to see an advisor or other Student Services departments.
Currently enrolled students can register through Student Planning. View “How To” video for assistance.
VIRTUAL ENROLLMENT ASSISTANCE
For admissions and enrollment assistance please click the "Contact Me" button
and a Pathways Success Coach will contact you!
Virtual Enrollment Assistance is monitored Monday/Tuesday 8:00am-7:00pm and 8:00am-5:00pm Wednesday-Friday. Requests received outside of the noted hours will be contacted on the next business day. We look forward to assisting you through the enrollment process.
*If you need additional assistance, call 281-756-3531 during normal business hours.
Steps to Plan and Register for Courses in Student Planning
Academic Advising Steps
- Complete admissions and have TSI scores for advising appointment (if applicable). Learn more about the TSI @ TSI Assessment. If you are not sure that you have completed all of the admissions steps, email firstname.lastname@example.org or click on the Reserve My Spot button located at the top of this page.
- Send transcripts from prior colleges to the Admissions Office (step 4). If you completed a GED, fill out a transcript form in the Admissions Office, email email@example.com for assistance.
- Meet with an Academic Advisor - Academic Advising Appointment Scheduling
- Bring your test scores, transcript(s), and/or transcript evaluation.
General Studies Students Mandatory Advising Program (M.A.P)
M.A.P. is a mandatory advising program for General Studies majors who have completed 30 credit hours. Advising sessions will cover Career Information, Degree Completion Planning, and Transfer Information.
Students who have completed 30 credit hours of their General Studies Degree Plan will have a hold placed on their account. Students will need to come in to see an advisor for a M.A.P. advising session to have the hold released.
Discover Majors and In-Demand Careers Based on Your Interests for Free!
Career Coach is a web-based tool that is used for career based research using labor market data to make career decisions easy. The options in Career Coach are endless – from building a resumé, discovering programs to pursue to exploring the local job market.